You are invited
2017 marks five years since KB+ was launched. Jisc has worked with the community to develop a new system which has changed the electronic resources management landscape.
Users find clear benefits in using KB+ as a time saving and comprehensive solution to managing licence and subscription information.
We have listened closely to the community and as a result of their feedback, today KB+ includes:
- ERM functionality giving you the opportunity to manage your electronic resources using controlled, timely and accurate data. All KB+ modules are built to provide entitlement management tools
- Data management own processes, conventions and tools. Metadata is managed to provide comprehensive information for entitlement management including current and post cancellation holdings
- Metadata corrections, updates and additions suggested by the community are investigated by a team of metadata experts.
- Shareable information from KB+ via downloads and different user profiles.
- An extensive offering of training and support to KB+ users
- Representation of KB+ in relevant Niso metadata working groups.
- Use of KB+ internationally and by the majority of system vendors.
In 2017, we are embracing new challenges and continuing to develop a comprehensive service to the community:
- KB+ User Interface is being designed by a team of usability experts with feedback from the community.
- KB+ has started to include EBooks metadata for Jisc Collections agreements with the aim to provide a reasonably useful set of data for entitlement management.
- KB+ Finance Module to be launched and include cost per use calculations.
So come celebrate, we will have drinks and nibbles. Hear more about what KB+ can offer and get a sneak preview of our new upcoming KB+ User interface.
Date and time:
Mon 10 April 2017, 17:30 – 18:30
UKSG Conference, Harrogate International Centre, Queen’s Suite, Room 1, King's Road, Harrogate, HG1 5LA