This seminar will address the issues and practicalities of providing and managing effective high quality e-resource collections within Further Education libraries. During the day there will be opportunities to hear best practice case studies in managing e-resources and in evaluating their use, together with advice and strategies from current practitioners in colleges, and an opportunity to learn the latest about JISC’s eBooks for FE project.
The event will also give delegates the opportunity to meet with e-resource vendors who specialise in providing e-resources to the Further Education sector, as well as being a platform for discussion, problem solving and networking.
Feedback from previous UKSG E-Resources for Further Education events:
- ”Excellent event, one of the best I’ve attended on e-resources.”
- ”Very good quality presentations – informative, lively and interesting.”
- ”Excellent balance of topics from speakers and vendors.”
- “This always proves to be one of the most informative events in the calendar.”
- ”Very impressed with quality of speakers, wide content of event and organisation of event. Best course I have been to for several years! Thank you!”
At only £45.00 + VAT for FE institution delegates (including refreshments and lunch) this course represents excellent value for money. It will be held on 5th December, 2012 at The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining in London.
Further details on this event can be found on the UKSG website.