Jisc Collections for FE
Jisc provides UK Further Education (UK FE) a digital content offer which forms a core part of a compelling subscription Membership offer, that aims to provide good quality content which supports GCSE Maths and English, and academic and vocational routes for learners.
Jisc Collections is the negotiation and licensing service of Jisc that supports the licensing of digital content. The service is part of the Jisc Subscription to our FE Members. All UK publicly funded FE colleges are eligible to subscribe to the agreements we have negotiated, some of which are free at point of use. Now, more than ever, colleges must demonstrate value for money.
We are uniquely placed to provide our FE members with:
- expertise in negotiating, procuring, and licensing digital content to save learning resource managers time and money
- high-quality e-resources, which are mapped to the curriculum and support teaching, and learning
- best pricing and licensing terms, using our influence to obtain value for money
Our expertise in negotiation and licensing, combined with our banded pricing for colleges and model licence, means learning resource managers can focus on their core function.
Our members trust us to:
- Represent and understand the interests of FE
- Mediate successfully between commercial and academic interests
- Obtain the best possible pricing and licence terms to support teaching and learning
FE pricing negotiations are led by an experienced licensing manager who specialises in negotiations for subscription resources that are relevant, current and mapped to the FE curriculum. Our licensing expert ensures agreements reflect the requirements of the Jisc Model Licence for supporting teaching and learning.
Our helpdesk service assists learning resource managers in the licensing process. This includes helping colleges to subscribe, renew, and implement access to the resources. We also work with publishers to make sure that they are aware of and respond to the expectations and needs of the FE sector.
Subscription content available to FE
Limit your search to ‘FE’ on the Jisc Collections catalogue and you will find the range of resources available to FE colleges.
Name and Registered Office
VAT No: GB 197 0632 86
Registered in England and Wales
Lasted updated: March 2017